The Nigeria – Africa Trade and Investment Promotion Programme (“NATIPP”) is a joint programme launched by the African Export-Import Bank (“AFREXIMBANK”) in collaboration with the Nigerian Export-Import Bank (“NEXIM”) and Nigerian Export Promotion Council (“NEPC”).
Programme Amount: The Programme is in an amount of US$1 billion.
The aim of NATIPP is to facilitate the expansion of Nigeria’s trade and investment with the rest of Africa in a bid to promote economic integration in the continent.
Specifically, NATIPP will:
- Provide financing and/or payment assurances/ guarantees in support of Nigeria's trade and investments with other African countries;
- Avail the Country Export Programme (COEXPRO) to enhance Nigeria’s trade and export related activities through export advisory services, financing, advocacy and capacity building initiatives;
- Support development of industrial parks and export processing zones in Nigeria through financing, technical assistance and other forms of investment promotion;
- Avail Global Facilities to Nigerian multinational corporations operating in multiple countries in Africa;
- Support emergence and expansion of Export Trading Companies (ETCs) in Nigeria;
- Provide financing to Maritime Merchants and Service Providers in Nigeria;
- Support the expansion of the Nigerian Creative Industry including but not limited to the film, entertainment and fashion industries;
- Support trade between Nigeria and the Nigerian Diaspora by among other things supporting acquisition and/or setting up ofeligible franchises in trade and trade related activities and services;
- Support Nigerian companies and SMEs through a suite of products, programmes and services; and
- Provide advisory services to Nigerian investors to facilitate a higher volume of trade and investment between Nigeria and other African countries.
Benefits of the Programme include:
- Expansion of trade in goods and services between Nigeria and other African countries as well as with Nigerian Diaspora;
- Growth of Nigerian SMEs by enabling them to expand their exports;
- Improved accessibility to trade finance solutions by using a variety of different instruments such as Letters of Credit (LC) Confirmation, Pre-export Finance, Payment Guarantees, Country Risk Guarantees, Investment Guarantees, Forfaiting and Factoring solutions to Nigerian businesses exporting to or importing from other African countries;
- Increased investments by Nigerian businesses seeking to invest in other African countries;
- Expanded opportunities for Nigerian companies bidding for and executing large contracts in other African countries by offering a variety of financing instruments such as Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Advance Payment Guarantees, Working Capital Guarantees, Supplier
- Eligible Transactions
- Transactions supporting investments in manufacturing and processing of goods and services that will be traded between Nigeria and other African countries as well as with Nigerians in Diaspora.
- Transactions supporting capital and investment flows between Nigeria and other African countries;
- Export oriented projects promoted by Nigerian entities;
- Franchises set up by Nigerians in Diaspora actively trading with Nigerian businesses in various sectors including but not limited to ethnic foods, entertainment, fashion and design.
- Projects being sponsored by Nigerian companies in other African countries;
- Transactions supporting the exchange of goods and services between Nigeria and other African countries as well as with Nigerians in Diaspora;
- Eligible Items
- All goods and services will be eligible for support except:
- Armaments, ammunition and other military equipment;
- Psychotropic drugs or narcotics;
- All items for which international trade is prohibited for environmental reasons or by international conventions; and Pornographic and obscene materials.
The following information will be required at application stage:
- Brief information about the transaction or project;
- Company Profile and Ownership Structure;
- Board and Management Profiles;
- 3 years most recent financial statements and cash flow projections, as may be applicable;
- Business plan;
- Project Information Memorandum (where applicable);
- Any other information as may be required under NATIPP
All enquiries regarding this programme should be sent to:
NEXIM: [email protected]
Afreximbank: [email protected]
NEPC: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
Specialised Business Department Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM) NEXIM HOUSE, Plot 975 Cadastral Zone AO, Central Business District, Garki, Abuja Nigeria .
Email : [email protected]